The Bulb Eater® Lamp Crusher
- Crushes straight lamps of any length
- Crushes u-tube lamps (model VRS-U only)
- Crushes a 4-foot fluorescent lamp in 1 second
- Reduce labor by up to 20 hours per 1,000 lamps
- Save up to 50% on recycling costs
- Minimize storage space by up to 80% with lamp crusher
- The most fun you can have disposing of lamps!
Did You Know?
- Awarded "Top 100 Product" by Buildings Magazine
- Named Reader’s Choice “Product of the Year” by Today's Facility Manager Magazine See all awards »
- Seen on the cover of The Wall Street Journal
- Currently nearly 8,000 Bulb Eaters in use worldwide
- New CFL Crushing Model now available! Call for more information
Safetly Control Panel
- Full Drum Indicator Light
- Red, Palm-Style, Stop Button
- Green, Safety-Shrouded, Start Button
- Purge Cycle Timer and Pilot Light
- Lid Off / Drum Open Pilot Light
- 10 amp Circuit Breaker
- Power-on Pilot Light
- Eliminate storage hassles - Reduce your needed storage space for lamps by crushing up to 1350 T8 4' lamps per 55-gallon drum (The Bulb Eater® lamp crusher crushes all length lamps, see a picture to better visualize size reduction).
- Reduce handling - Handle your spent bulbs once. Simply roll your Bulb Eater® lamp crushing system on a 55-gallon drum dollie (sold separately) to the work area or into a storage area. Save roughly 20 hours of labor per 1000 lamps by crushing rather than boxing the lamps!
- Safer work environment - EPA studies show an estimated 2-3% accidental breakage rate while boxing lamps prior to pickup. The 0.001% emission rate from the Bulb Eater® lamp crushing system provides for less mercury vapor emission. Your workers are not only safer, but your liability is reduced!
- Cut costs - By pre-crushing the lamps, facilities are able to save money on their lamp recycling costs. Savings are typically anywhere from a dime to $1 per lamp!
- Nationwide recycling program - Enjoy "special" discounted national rates for lamp recycling. Fully permitted trucks are used for transportation and Certificates of Recycling are provided once the lamps are recycled.
The Bulb Eater® Lamp Crusher crushes spent fluorescent lamps of any length into 100% recyclable material while capturing over 99.99% of the vapors released. The system, which is mounted to a 55-gallon container, can hold up to 1350 4-foot fluorescent lamps.
The lamp crusher unit is equipped with a side-mounted dust filter unit containing the highest quality H.E.P.A. filter available. This works in conjunction with an activated carbon filter located in the steel canister. The activated carbon filter actively captures and neutralizes the mercury vapor released from the lamps during crushing. A recent study showed non-detectable levels of escaped mercury vapor even after crushing 1500 lamps (Bulb Eater® Air Emissions Report). A new safety control panel has also been added, giving the operator added security by monitoring seven aspects of the machine to better ensure operator safety.
In addition to providing EPA and OSHA compliance, the Bulb Eater® lamp crusher frees up valuable storage space normally filled with boxes of spent whole lamps, reduces handling and related labor costs, and typically cuts recycling costs by 50% or more.
||Bulb Eater, VRSU Premium|
|Capacity of 4' T12 Lamps1||
|Capacity of 4' T12 U-Tube Lamps1||
|Capacity of 4' T17 Lamps1||
|Capacity of 4' T8 Lamps1||
|Capacity of 8' T12 Lamps1||
||Crushes Straight Lamps and U Bend Lamps|
||U-Tube Chute, T12 Entry Tube, Filter Combo Kit, Spinner Assembly and Carbon Filter, Drum Not Included|
|Material of Construction||
||Steel, Plastic and Rubber|
||Not Available in CA, MN, MO, ME, VT, NH, CT, RI, PA and WV.|
1Individual experience may vary.
While a few lamp recycling facilities have trouble processing crushed lamps, the lamp recycling facilities within the Air Cycle recycling program not only process the lamps, but are able to process the lamps more efficiently pre-crushed. Because of this, Air Cycle Corporation is able to offer some of the lowest crushed lamp recycling rates in the country.
Bulb Eater® Certified Training is an online, 3-step program covering Bulb Eater operations and safety. The program includes a video, a training quiz, and a certificate of completion.