The CFL Premium Bulb Eater® Lamp Crusher
- Crushes straight fluorescent tubes of any length and compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs)
- Crushes a bulb in 1 second
- Save up to 50% on recycling costs
- Reduces labor by up to 20 hours per 1,000 lamps
- Minimizes storage space by up to 80% with lamp crusher
- The most fun you can have disposing of lamps!
Did You Know?
- The Bulb Eater® was awarded "Top 100 Product" by Buildings Magazine
- Named Reader’s Choice “Product of the Year” by Today's Facility Manager Magazine See all awards »
- Has been seen on the cover of The Wall Street Journal
- Currently over 6,000 Bulb Eaters® in use worldwide
Safetly Control Panel
- Full Drum Indicator Light
- Red, Palm-Style, Stop Button
- Green, Safety-Shrouded, Start Button
- Purge Cycle Timer and Pilot Light
- Lid Off / Drum Open Pilot Light
- 10 amp Circuit Breaker
- Power-on Pilot Light
- Eliminate storage hassles - Reduce your needed storage space for lamps by crushing over 1,350 T8 4' lamps or 3,000 CFLs per 55-gallon drum (The Bulb Eater® crushes lamps of all lengths, see picture to better visualize size reduction).
- Reduce handling - Handle your spent bulbs once. Simply roll your Bulb Eater® lamp crushing system on a 55-gallon drum dollie (sold separately) to the work area or into a storage area. Save roughly 20 hours of labor per 1,000 lamps by crushing rather than boxing the lamps!
- Safer work environment - EPA studies show an estimated 2-3% accidental breakage rate while boxing lamps prior to pick-up. The 0.001% emission rate from the Bulb Eater® lamp crushing system provides for less mercury vapor emission. Your workers are not only safer, but your liability is reduced!
- Cut costs - By pre-crushing the lamps, facilities are able to save money on their lamp recycling costs. Savings are typically anywhere from a dime to $1 per lamp!
The CFL Premium Bulb Eater® Lamp Crusher crushes spent fluorescent lamps and CFLs of any size into 100% recyclable material while capturing over 99.99% of the vapors released. The system, which is mounted to a 55-gallon container, can hold up to 1350 4-foot fluorescent lamps or 3,000 CFLs.
The unit is equipped with a side-mounted dust filter unit containing the highest quality H.E.P.A. filter available. This works in conjunction with an activated carbon filter located in the steel canister. The activated carbon filter actively captures and neutralizes the mercury vapor released from the lamps during crushing. A recent study showed non-detectable levels of escaped mercury vapor even after crushing 1500 fluorescent tubes (Bulb Eater® Air Emissions Report). A new safety control panel has also been added, giving the operator added security by monitoring seven aspects of the machine to better ensure operator safety.
In addition to keeping mercury out of the environment, the Bulb Eater® frees up valuable storage space normally filled with boxes of spent whole lamps and reduces handling and related labor costs.
||Bulb Eater®, CFL Premium|
|Capacity of 4' T12 Lamps1||
|Capacity of 4' T12 U-Tube Lamps1||
|Capacity of 4' T17 Lamps1||
|Capacity of 4' T8 Lamps1||
|Capacity of 8' T12 Lamps1||
|Capacity of CFLs1||
||Crushes Straight Lamps and CFLs|
||CFL Entry Tube Chute, T12 Entry Tube, Filter Combo Kit, Spinner Assembly and Carbon Filter, Drum Not Included|
|Material of Construction||
||Steel, Plastic and Rubber|
1Individual experience may vary.